Tuesday 26 November 2013

Gluten Free Black Bean Sauce

Most prepared sauces are thickened with wheat. You can find some gluten free sauces, but, I had a heck of a time finding a gluten free black bean sauce. My mission, make one from scratch, it took about a month to get it to my liking but I finally did it. I did look through various recipes on the internet, so, I guess you could say it's a bit of this recipe and a bit of that recipe ;)

INGREDIENTS
1 (15oz) can organic black beans, not drained
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon prepared minced ginger
1/2 tablespoon orange marmalade
2 cloves garlic, pressed

DIRECTIONS
Bring all ingredients to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool and puree with an immersion blender or in a blender.
I freeze this in ice cube trays, once frozen, toss a few cubes together in a re-sealable plastic bags for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)