Monday 8 June 2015

Bea's BBQ Chicken Pieces

This is a recipe I put together a while back and have been making ever since. My husband says this is my best chicken recipe  :)

INGREDIENTS
2 (1 pound each) “bone in” “skin on” chicken pieces (thighs with leg attached or breasts)
1/3 cup GF BBQ sauce
4 cloves garlic processed through garlic press
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Place the garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, paprika, thyme, oregano and salt in a large re-sealable plastic bag and mix well.
Add the chicken pieces and swish together to coat the chicken well.
Seal the bag taking out as much of the air as possible and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning every hour.
Pour the contents of the bag in a microwaveable casserole dish and microwave on high for 15 minutes, turning over the chicken every 5 minutes.
Remove the chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
Place the chicken pieces over direct heat of a preheated grill and brush generously with BBQ sauce and cook for a few minutes, turn over and brush with more BBQ sauce and cook for a few more minutes.
Brush the remainder of the sauce over the chicken pieces and move to indirect heat and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the sauce has baked on to the chicken.
Enjoy!

*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience is truly gluten free.

14 comments:

  1. Oh...my...goodness...this is so good...I don't know where to start...I used a game hen...22oz...I cut it in half for the hubby and I...I cut the recipe down to 2/3...worked great...the marinade is wonderful...the meat came out so moist and full of flavor...and to top that off...you cook it in the microwave...that makes it so easy...I would love to use this for all my poultry...throwing it on grill and coating it with your bbq sauce makes it look like you have slaved over the grill all day...this is a keeper and its going on my best of 2015 list...I just wish you could see my photo...made for FYC tag game...TeresaS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx a bunch for posting your comment, it is greatly appreciated. Happy to see you enjoyed my BBQ chicken.

      Delete
  2. Yummy!!! I doubled the recipe and it worked very well. I have never partially cooked the chicken in the microwave, but found that it worked very well. The marinade gave the chicken a wonderful flavor and then the bbq sauce was a bonus. Delicious. Perfect directions. Thank you, LifeIsGood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much for taking the time to comment, much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed my BBQ chicken.

      Delete
  3. Loved it! I was scared my chicken wouldn't be done.....have never microwaved chicken....guess I'm old school. Used to cooking chicken quarters over indirect heat for quite a while. The marinade was perfect.....took it to work with me so I could flip it every hour. Worth the effort. I normally use white barbecue sauce with chicken, and think I'll go back to that, but enjoyed the regular sauce as well. Thanks for sharing! Made for FYC tag game. Thanks for sharing! breezermom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying this and for taking the time to review it, much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken :-)

      Delete
  4. This was a delicious chicken. Like some others, I had never partially cooked my chicken in the microwave before so I was really curious how it would turn out. It worked perfectly and a great way to prepare it. Thanks for sharing, Bea. Made for Best of 2015 tag.
    lazyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for trying the recipe and for taking the time to leave a comment, it is greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Wow! I've found my new go to recipe for BBQ chicken! The marinade really is the star of the show. Other than adding a 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke I mixed the marinade as directed. Love, love the way this turned out & had nothing but compliments from the other diners. Made for FYC tag at Food, Friends, & Fun. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Susie D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my BBQ chicken recipe, it is a favorite here. Thx for taking the time to comment, it is greatly appreciated :-)

      Delete
  6. Made for the FYC Tag Game at FF&F as the “1st half of a 2-part chicken feast” after buying chicken breasts on sale & I can see why this recipe is so favored by your hubby. Like other reviewers, I’ve never microwaved chicken as a cooking process. BUT this marinade is easily the STAR of the show & makes the chicken so flavorful that it hardly needs the BBQ sauce. I know because I cut a cpl of tenders off 1 very lrg breast so I could do a taste test w/o BBQ sauce when cooking was completed. I had a hard time discarding the marinade that had been combined w/the meat juices & created such a lovely aroma. The cooking process takes over for the marinade & creates a tender/moist outcome that is unusual for the normally dry breast meat. Served w/some glazed carrot coins plus leftover potato hash, this chicken made a great meal. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. (Mary Pat, aka twissis)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for trying this recipe and for taking the time to leave your great review. It is greatly appreciated. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the recipe.

    Bea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made Bea's BBQ chicken a few times and it's good each time. I've marinated as much as 48 hours and I feel that the marinating is essential for deep flavored results. Another winner from Queen Bea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe, thx for trying it and for taking the time to comment. :-)

      Delete

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)