Sunday 30 March 2014

Oyster Sauce Replacement

When I was searching for a gluten free oyster sauce I could only find oyster "flavoured" sauce. I bought a bottle, it cost me a fortune and it was so salty I had to water it down. I came up with this recipe which is very close to the taste of oyster sauce. It works well in any recipe that calls for oyster sauce.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup clam juice
1 tablespoon GF soy sauce
2 teaspoons molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons hot tap water

DIRECTIONS
In a heavy glass bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the clam juice, soy sauce, molasses and fish sauce.
Cook on high in the microwave, until it bubbles, about 2 minutes.
Mix together the water and cornstarch and quickly whisk into the bubbling mixture.
Allow to cool completely, place in a glass jar and cover with lid.
Keeps in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)