Wednesday 8 February 2017

Decadent Banana Pineapple Steel Cut Oats

My daughter the health food nut recently introduced me to steel cut oats. Since then I have been trying different ways to enjoy it and this turned out so good I just had to share it here. I portion this out into 6 individual serving and we bring it to work for a healthy hearty breakfast. I use rice milk in this but any type of milk will work ie: almond milk, oat milk, soy milk...



INGREDIENTS
1 cup steel cut oats
2 cups rice milk
1 cup canned organic coconut milk (I use Native Forest Brand)
1 (14 ounce) can organic crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits with liquid (I use the Native Forest Brand)
2 bananas, well mashed
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons coconut oil plus more for coating crock
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt

DIRECTIONS
Coat the inside of the crock of a slow cooker with coconut oil.
Place the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir and cook on high for 4 hours.
Ladle into bowls and enjoy!

*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience is truly gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)