Thursday 16 April 2015

Quick and Easy Beef Skillet

I was going through all my old recipes that used canned soups and I came across this one. When I first moved out on my own I was always in search of quick, easy and cheap meals and this is one I enjoyed often. I originally made this using condensed cream of tomato soup but have since changed to the Wolfgang Puck Classic Tomato Basil soup which is gluten free and tastes even better.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pound ground beef
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 chopped yellow onion
1 can (398 ml) Classic Tomato Basil soup (Wolfgang Puck Brand)
1/4 cup GF ketchup
1/2 tablespoon GF Worcestershire sauce
1 can (19 ounce) potatoes, drained
1 cup frozen carrots that have been thawed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste

DIRECTIONS
Place the beef garlic and onion in a skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned and onion is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Enjoy!


*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience is truly gluten free.

2 comments:

  1. I used fresh carrots and potatoes, just cooked them in boiling water for about 5 minutes before starting. This is easy to make,, and completely edible. Just not sure it is something I would make again. Hate to not rave when I normally love all Bea's recipes, but have to be honest. breezermom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying this recipe and for taking the time to comment, your honesty is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)