Sunday 9 November 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Hummus is one of my favourite types of dip. This one has the addition of roasted red peppers which is fantastic. I serve this with crudites or corn tortillas.


INGREDIENTS
1 (19 oz.) can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, plus for for garnish (I use the jarred stuff)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and mix until desired consistency.
Spoon into a serving vessel and garnish with a bit of chopped roasted red pepper.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is yummy! I never made it with roasted red peppers, but I will make it again this way, it's so good. I sprouted the chickpeas before cooking because that way they agree better with me. Otherwise, I followed the instructions to the letter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)