Sunday 21 September 2014

Tartar Sauce

I use this tartar sauce recipe to serve with deep fried fish and fish cakes. I could eat this by the spoonful!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup GF mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dill pickle juice
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon freshly minced onion
1 tablespoon minced red or green pepper
2 tablespoons minced dill pickle
2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped finely
Dash Tabasco sauce

DIRECTIONS
Mix all ingredients together.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours before using to allow flavours to meld.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious...I served this with my fried tuna nuggets...I wasn't sure about the hard boiled egg...but it melded well with all the other ingredients...this made a lot...so next time I'll cut the recipe in half...and add more Tabasco sauce...made for "For Your Consideration" tag game...TeresaS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad you enjoyed this sauce, thx for trying it and for your review :-)

      Delete

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)