Thursday 26 July 2018

Quinoa Lentil Taco Salad Deeeeeeeeeelish!!!


I went to a popular local vegan restaurant and ordered a taco salad which I absolutely loved. When I left the restaurant my mission was to try and replicate the recipe, well it took me a few tries until I was happy with my “copycat” version of it and I think my efforts are well worth it. Serve this with tortilla chips to scoop up with.




INGREDIENTS
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup canned cooked lentils
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
2 cloves garlic, processed through garlic press
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch cayenne
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
1 roasted red pepper chopped (I used jarred)
1 avocado, peeled and diced

DIRECTIONS
Mix together the cooked quinoa, lentils and chopped cilantro; set aside.
Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and cayenne and gently mix with the quinoa mixture.
Top with the remaining ingredients and serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips to scoop up with.
Enjoy!
















*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience truly gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)