I listed tilapia as the fish to use but use any type of whitefish for this recipe. The original recipe from Carb Manager called for catfish, but I have never tried it in this recipe. I have also used jerk seasoning in lieu of Cajun which worked great also. Serves 2
10 ounces Tilapia
1 ounce fried pork rinds (I use the UTZ brand)
2 tablespoons Hellman's/Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with the oil.
- Pulse the pork rinds in a blender until they have panko like consistency; pour into a shallow bowl and stir in the Cajun seasoning..
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel then brush each filet with a tablespoon of mayo on each side.
- Place fillets into the panko mix and coat with mixture on both sides.
- Lay each filet on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. (The cook time will vary depending on thickness of fish, to be sure poke the fish with a fork, if cooked it will flake easily).
*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience truly gluten free.