We make these sausages once a year in the fall after hunting season and freeze them to use throughout the year. They taste fantastic and cook up like regular sausage you buy at your butcher’s market.
12 pounds ground pork
3 pound ground red meat (venison, moose, bear, beef, lamb or bison)
15 cloves garlic, pushed through garlic press
9 tablespoons red-pepper flakes
6 tablespoons coarsely ground fennel seed
6 tablespoons dried parsley
4 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground jalapeno
1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
Natural sausage casings (Enough for 15 pounds)
- Soak the casing in a bowl of water.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well; set aside.
- Rinse the casing well by running water through them.
- Place casing onto a sausage stuffer attachment.
- Add meat to sausage machine and stuff casings.
- Twist at desired lengths and freeze until ready to use.
*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience truly gluten free.