Monday 6 July 2015

My Favourite Flavored Water Combinations

Blueberry Lavender Water

I find I’m constantly forcing myself to drink plain ole’ water to keep myself hydrated so I decided to try different ways to make my water intake more interesting by flavoring it. This is one berry and herb combination I really enjoyed and will be making often during blueberry season.

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup blueberries
2 sprigs lavender
Ice
Water

DIRECTIONS
Press the blueberries slightly with a sturdy spatula to open up the skin without mashing them and toss into a tall glass.
Add the lavender sprigs and fill the glass halfway with ice; cover with water and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour to an hour.
Enjoy!


Cucumber Mint Water

This is a great way to enjoy water and keep yourself hydrated after a workout or on a hot sunny day.

INGREDIENTS
3 ounces sliced English cucumber
6 mint leaves, torn
Ice
Water

DIRECTIONS
Place the cucumber and mint leaves in a tall glass and toss in a few ice cibes; cover with water and refrigerate for an hour.
Enjoy!





Strawberry Banana Water

This is one I make often during strawberry season; it is a great way to enjoy water and stay hydrated in extreme heat. I use up the leftover berries and bananas to make smoothies after the water is consumed. Just toss them in a blender with yogurt and a bit of fruit juice.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound strawberries
1 large banana
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cups water

DIRECTIONS
Place all the ingredients in a large juice jug and refrigerate for a couple hours.
Pour the water in a glass over ice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)