1 portabello mushroom (2 ounces)
2 tablespoons pizza sauce
50 grams hot calabrese salami, sliced into thin strips
1 slice bacon (about 6” long), chopped into bits
1 queen olive, sliced
1/2 tablespoon Nutiva organic refined virgin coconut oil, melted
2 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush both sides of the mushroom with the coconut oil and place it, well side up, on a small cookie sheet or pie plate line with parchment paper.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the pizza sauce into the well of the mushroom and rub it evenly over mushroom.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over the sauce and top with the sliced salami; top with another tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Add the other slice of provolone and top with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience truly gluten free.