Saturday 8 February 2014

Spicy Buffalo Drumsticks

My favourite hot sauce is called Frank’s RedHot Sauce and I use it a lot. As the ad for this sauce goes, I put that S#!* on everything. Here is a recipe I came up with to feed just DH and I one evening when we were craving something spicy. I would say this is on the medium hot side. You can make this even spicier by adding more cayenne pepper if you like.
I serve this with baked potatoes, I drizzle some of the sauce the chicken was cooked in on them, YUMMY…….  For those of you who don't have access to Frank's RedHot Sauce, I do have a copycat recipe for it HERE

INGREDIENTS
6 chicken drumsticks
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup GF tomato soup (I use Amy’s)
1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over chicken pieces.
Drizzle oil in a skillet and brown the chicken over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes per side, just to crisp the skin.
In a small casserole dish, add tomato soup, hot sauce, butter and cayenne and cook on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
Add the drumsticks to casserole dish and cover.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and uncover.
Return to oven and broil on top rack for 5 minutes.
Plate and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)