Tuesday 11 October 2016

Dairy Free Garlic Bread Spread

My daughter was recently told that she has to follow a strict dairy free diet because she is nursing her baby who has a dairy allergy. I wanted to serve garlic bread along with pasta so I was on the hunt for a dairy free alternative and I found this on a blog called Mom's Plans. This tasty garlic bread recipe is even better than the classic buttered garlic bread recipes. Use a good quality olive oil for this for best results. This is enough to coat 4 slices of bread or 2 Kaiser buns.



INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch fresh ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper and brush over both sides of the bread or buns.
Place the bread or buns on a baking sheet and place 6 to 8 inches under a pre-heated broiler for about 2 minutes per side or until golden and just crispy.
Enjoy!

*Please keep in mind that not all dried herbs and spices are gluten free so check the labels to make sure the brand you are using is gluten free. The same applies for prepackaged store-bought items, check the labels to be sure. If in doubt, call the toll free number on packaging to be safe and to make your cooking/eating experience truly gluten free.

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of olive oil on bread instead of butter, and this was right up my alley. I actually made it twice...the first time I accidentally didn't use enough garlic. It tasted great but not garlicky, so I made it again with a lot more garlic and changed up the herbs a bit. I also just brushed the oil on one side since I was using a thin sandwich bun. https://goo.gl/photos/x78JoH4DkssgZWzJ9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you tried this, it is made quite often here. Your comment is greatly appreciated!

      Bea :-)

      Delete

Have you tried this recipe?? Tell us how it turned out :)